Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Last Week in Texas

Well, last week flew by with all the packing, finding a new place to live when I get back to Austin, and all the other fun little details that had to be taken care of before leaving for Dallas, the beginning of my adventures. I had intentions of racing all three days of the crits, but with unforeseen and foreseen complications, I ended up being so exhausted and sore by the time I got to Dallas, I opted for de-stressing and sleeping instead and chose to just race Monday. Unfortunately, the race didn't go quite as planned. I know what I should have done differently, but even then, it just wasn't our day. I did somehow end up winning the field sprint...on my hoods. Haha...oops.

The rest of the week has been and will be devoted to preparing for Switzerland. There are so many loose ends to tie up, it's crazy. After watching the Twilight movie about eight times in California earlier this season, I succumbed to reading the book, which my mom had given me earlier this year. Yeah, I'm hooked. It's a problem and I've been dragging poor Peter to Half-Priced Books almost everyday hoping to find the next book for cheap. Sigh. I've read the first two in less than a week. Friday we're leaving for Tulsa Tough so we just have one more day to get all our stuff in order. Yikes!

No comments: