Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Dirty Bike

Well, the whole of Texas is suffering from this "Arctic Winter Storm" as weather.com calls it. Monday, the day before the storm hit, it was the foggiest I've ever seen it here. Since it was supposed to race in the afternoon, I decided to start my ride early in the fog rather than in the afternoon rain. To be honest, the fog turned into a gross drizzle almost immediately and stayed that way throughout my ride. I stopped about half way so I could wring out my gloves because they were so wet. Four hours later I made it home, both my new bike and me mud and dirt-covered. Needless to say, it took awhile to clean both the bike, the clothes, and myself up. The weirdest part of the whole ride was that it was almost warm out- probably in the 60s.


It should be warm enough to ride outside today which makes me happy. This morning it was in the 20s when I rode to yoga, but this afternoon it should be 55. I'll never understand Texas weather. I think Mother Nature picks a random number out of a hat during the winter and that's the day's temperature.
I'm pretty happy that both of the teachers I have met with so far have agreed to let me skip class and take tests early. Just one more to meet with and one to hear from!

No comments: